The fastest way to cook sweet potato is by microwaving it. It only takes five minutes. So when you’re craving sweet potatoes, this is the fastest way to have them prepared. Here are some things you should before microwaving:
- Pricking the sweet potato before microwaving helps in splitting the crispy skin from the creamy potato.
- Similar to a baked sweet potato, you still get the same caramelized texture.
- Cooking sweet potatoes in a microwave is so fast that it takes only five minutes to prepare it. Ensure that the sweet potato is tender. If it isn’t, put it back in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- When the Sweet potato is ready, the thin skin will rise (another reason why pricking is vital in this process), and the inside will be tender. Check for resistance (use a fork or paring knife)- if there’s none, you can dive right in.
- I’m sure you’re asking what’s the topping to add to it? I always make sure my toppings have a mixture of cheese, protein, and vegetables to make it a healthy meal. So my favourites are Barbecue Chicken Sweet Potato and Sloppy Joe Sweet Potatoes.
What are the ingredients needed to cook a sweet potato?
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 small pat butter
- Freshly grounded black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Wash the sweet potato thoroughly then pat dry. Then, pierce it 3-4 times with a fork. Next, put the potato on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for 5 minutes.
- After microwaving, use a fork to check if the potato is tender. If it isn’t, microwave it for 30 seconds.
- When it’s out of the microwave, divide the potato from the middle, and season it with salt and pepper then, use butter for the topping.